Tuesday, March 23, 2010

What a nervous breakdown looks like

Perhaps somebody out there can tell me why I got home tonight and rather maniacally colored 20 sheets of paper into strange things like these:











I particularly like the last two - they're rather uncharacteristically artistic for me, so much so that I even initialed them. I'm not normally one to appreciate a pastel set with 6 different shades of pink (generally, I hate pink, period). But for whatever reason, tonight my brain had to let these out, in addition to a milieu of wolves, horses, foxes, rabbits, fish, birds, snakes, cats and some rather esoteric representations of... well... something. The inside of my brain, I suppose.

4 comments:

  1. You'd enjoy the Red Book...

    link

    link

    But better make your own art, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I would enjoy the Red Book - or perhaps be severely frightened by it. I'm curious to determine why those particular colors and shapes and subjects came to me... they weren't dreams, but were certainly not a conscious part of my wakeful state.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's imagination!

    It could be lucid dreaming as well, which takes a bit more effort, I think.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucid_dream

    ReplyDelete
  4. i did that too... pencil sketches like mad one night..!!

    ReplyDelete

Think carefully before you post. I reserve the right to moderate any comments posted to my blog.