Thursday, December 31, 2009

Last post of 2009

So once again we find ourselves making a fuss over an arbitrary calendar division. It is something I have ranted about before, so I will spare everyone the trouble (myself included) of rehashing it. I will even spare everyone a secondary rant on Avatar, which I saw today for the first time, much to my chagrin.
I write only to wish the best to those who do mind that it's the last day of the year, those who are so heartily concerned with the dates of the secularized Christian feasts of the Gregorian calendar. I love you and I care for you, I miss you and I wish all the wonderful things in the world for you. We spend our days searching and hoping and desiring and, sometimes, fulfilling. We drink, we laugh, we cry, we shout and we live, last year, this year and the next. It is for you that I write, for you that I long, for you that I live. Happy New Year.

"Seeking happiness, we spend our lives in suffering." - Tibetan Book of the Dead

No comments:

Post a Comment

Think carefully before you post. I reserve the right to moderate any comments posted to my blog.