Wednesday, July 2, 2008

My hero

I have discovered myself at the intersection of two of my favorite things, xkcd and MacGyver (in "Macgyver Gets Lazy"):











"At the time of this writing, Wikipedia has a wonderful article titled 'List of problems solved by Macgyver'." It's here.

I heard once that Richard Dean Anderson didn't like playing the character of Angus MacGyver, and preferred his role in Stargate-SG1. I desire that would not be true; however, if it is, it is only proof that we are more interested in being commanders than being problem-solvers, financiers rather than physicists. It would appear, then, that my hero is merely a character, fictitious, having no counterpart in the real world. What a sad day that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Think carefully before you post. I reserve the right to moderate any comments posted to my blog.