Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Gullible?

I hear the word gullible isn't actually in the dictionary.
Here is a news story posted today on CNN. Here is the conclusion of a similar story from The Guardian (also discussed here).
And it's not even April Fools Day. Odd.
You grew a new, operational dog uterus, really? Where's the peer-reviewed journal article? Where's the medical therapy study? Why do I get the strange feeling that we've discovered the next cold fusion? I personally know scientists who tried - unsuccessfully - to replicate the University of Utah results. We refuse to learn these lessons, over and over again.
One should always be wary of "science" that first publishes its results in the popular media.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Think carefully before you post. I reserve the right to moderate any comments posted to my blog.